C) 1994-1999, Jill H. Ellsworth This list may be distributed freely
without my permission provided that this header and copyright notice
are retained intact.
Remember, this is a dynamic system, and sometimes lists and addresses
The scholarly discussion lists which are particularly useful to adult/distance
- American Association for Collegiate Independent Study
- This list is sponsored by The American Association for Collegiate
Independent Study with a focus on correspondence, independent study
and distance learning.
A List for use for Distance
Education on Active Learning
- Canadian Adult Education Network
- The Canadian Adult Continuing Education list is a broad world-wide
Teaching Methods List
Discussion Group List
List for Adult Education
- Adult Education Network
- AEDNET is an international electronic network that includes approximately
750 individuals from 12 countries.
Adult Basic Literacy
Education Prof Development
- Alternative Approaches to Learning Discussion
- The Alternative Approaches to Learning discussion list is broadly
concerned with learning strategies at all levels.
- International Discussion Forum for Distance Learning
- American Center for Study of Distance Education sponsors this large,
diverse list. Currently there are 1325 subscribers in 48 countries.
- Dead Teachers Society Discussion List
- This list is for broad discussions of teaching and learning
- Education Net
- EDNET is for those interested in exploring the educational potential
of the Internet. Discussions range from K-12 through postsecondary
education. A very active list.
- Educational Policy Analysis
- This list focuses on educational policy analysis. This is an active,
broad list, where issues surrounding all levels of education are discussed.
This list is more philosophical than many.
- The Learning Styles Theory and Research List
- The Learning Styles Theory and Research list discusses all forms
of information about learning styles.
- Interpersonal Computing and Technology
- This list is focused on Computer Mediated Communication, and teaching
and learning broadly.
- Research SIG of the Open and Distance Learning Association of
- This is a discussion list of the Open and Distance Learning Association
of Australia's SIG on Research. Its purpose is to foster electronic
discussion, symposia and conferences on topical issues in distance
education and open learning research.
- Forum for Teaching & Learning in Higher Education
- This list focuses on post-secondary education.
& Literacy Programs
- Discussion Group for Vocational Education
- VOCNET is a discussion group focusing on vocational education managed
by the Dissemination Program of the National Center for Research on
E-JOURNALS OF INTEREST
Some of these journals are useful to the adult/distance educator:
- Community Colleges, refereed journal
- Electronic version of CATALYST, a refereed print journal for community
- The Distance Education Online Symposium
- The American Center for the Study of Distance Education at The Pennsylvania
State University organizes DEOS and publishes The American Journal
of Distance Education.
- Online Chronicle of Distance Education and Communication
- The Online Chronicle of Distance Education and Communication covers
resources, articles, research findings, case studies and announcements
regarding distance education very broadly.
- Educational Policy Analysis Archive, refereed
- EDPOLYAR is an outgrowth of the Edpolyan scholarly discussion list
which publishes peer-reviewed articles of between 500 and 1500 lines
in length on all aspects of education policy analysis.
- A News Update from EDUCOM
- A newsletter put out by EDUCOM summarizing information technology
- Interpersonal Computing and Technology: An Electronic Journal
for the 21st Century
- This journal is an outgrowth of the IPCT-L discussion group (above).
It is refereed, and covers the topics broadly.