Tutorships consist of guiding the students in their learning process. To do this the Master´s mainly uses online meetings, virtual classrooms and the forums for each subject.
Tutorships will be conducted in English or in Spanish language.
Key elements of distance learning are:
- Online meetings: Subject specific sessions on each module will be given by the professor and recorded for viewing at your discretion.
- Virtual classrooms: This is where you will find the necessary materials and content to navigate through the course. You will find the teaching and exercise materials, software, forums, etc. In order to use this tool, it is necessary to have an internet connection.
- Forums: Where the students have the chance to interact and consult with each other and the tutors (available in English or Spanish). This is a very powerful tool if used properly and in accordance with the rules. Lots of questions and doubts can be answered and clarified through the forums.
- Base texts: The main training material of the Master´s. Specially created for the program, combined with a selected bibliography to study. These texts are for Foundation, Application and Practical courses as well as being part of "hands on" exercises.
- Software: Students will have access to educational software licenses of MSC Software´s Patran and MSC Nastran, CivilFEM by Ingeciber, CFD++ by METACOMP and XFLOW by Nextlimit to use throughout the theoretical training of the course. All the software included is 3D based and has all the elements needed to complete the various types of analysis throughout the course (see minimum requirements for each software below)
- Self-evaluation exercises: Test yourself and track your progress through these exercises and related solutions available in the base texts. Check your acquired subject knowledge and see where you need to improve.
- Continuous Assessment Exercises (CAEs): These exercises are part of the various modules´ training materials and are accessible through the virtual classroom. These exercises should be solved and submitted to the professor for review.
- Exams: Will be conducted using distance test questions and practical exercises. They are completely on-line.
Tutorships will primarily be available through the virtual classroom, although it will be possible to contact the course teaching staff by telephone, e-mail or in person during normal office hours. Each subject will offer four hours of tutorships per week. More information about this will be provided by the individual professors. The professors contact information is located in the branch specific guides.
email:firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +34 91 386 2222
- General Student Guide 2017
- Mechanical branch Guide 2017
- Construction branch Guide 2017
WEBINAR INFO SESSION
RECORDED 18th Oct 2016
CONNECT WITH US
Join our LinkedIn Student